The world is changing more rapidly than people realize and is entering an inflection point where the benefits of blockchain and their associated cryptocurrencies is becoming better known.
Global finance is also evolving quickly through digitization, but crypto and tokenization will take it several steps further — there is literally no turning back.
My mission is to help firms understand and monetize the once-in-a-generation opportunity that digital assets offer those who are willing build their company in a way that takes advantage of this rapid technological change.
What Do I Bring to the Table?
- I am part of a very small group of people that understand the intersection of where traditional finance and digital currencies need to meet in order to foster true adoption by investors, particularly institutions.
- As the crypto industry now enters a period of enormous growth, firms looking to build out financial products within the digital asset space need key individuals like me for business strategy, product positioning and revenue generation.
- 25+ years’ of business building, relationship management, organizational leadership, capital markets, sales, trading, operations, securities lending & quantitative skills – all deployed across 4 continents worldwide.
- Digital asset companies, whether in start-up phase or further along in the business cycle, strongly benefit from senior employees that bring multiple skill sets to the company by minimizing cost and increasing operational leverage.
- Almost a year of in-the-weeds crypto experience building out an institutional execution platform for Voyager Digital, a crypto broker/dealer.
- Building out Voyager’s platform gave me in-depth knowledge of market structure, trading impact, settlement/clearing, custody solutions, borrowing/lending and putting together a digital currency brokerage.
- The ability, as a business builder, to clearly articulate & define the architecture of a financial platform to developers and engineers in a way that maximizes output and the chance of success.
- The business staff and the technology team need to collaborate closely to infuse the firm’s vision into its product. As a business leader, I invest my time heavily into the technology resources, because there is no better way to deliver the proper outcome.
- Managing Director seniority at global investment banks, including Deutsche Bank, Barclays and Lehman Brothers.
- Having worked at bulge-bracket firms brings first-hand awareness of how to quickly scale products or services in the financial sector
- Small company experience infused with an entrepreneurial spirit that saw me initiate, build and successfully complete consecutive capital markets mandates in different cultures and geographies.
- The digital currency world moves quickly and the ability to plan, navigate & execute in changing conditions is crucial.
Why Do I Love What I Do?
Being involved in the early stages in the development of the next version of the global economy is exhilarating. As blockchain technology revamps how records are kept and how business is done across numerous industries around the world, it will naturally bring cryptocurrencies along with it. Digital currencies and tokens are largely decentralized and definitely borderless, leading to almost infinite possibilities for trading and investment on a global scale.
My satisfaction is realized when firms I partner with drive forward, participate in the change the world is going through, and earn the large economic rewards that are now available.
What Are Some of My Favorite Sayings Related to Crypto?
- In order to get one’s head around the sheer scale of the technological revolution taking place via development of blockchains: “Blockchain will do to Microsoft Excel, what Microsoft Excel did to paper transactions and record-keeping.”
- Why invest in digital currencies: “Cryptocurrencies are simply the grease that makes the blockchain gears go around.” If you believe in a particular blockchain’s application, that’s all you need to know to invest in the corresponding cryptocurrency. Could it fail? Of course, but that’s true of all investments!
- To understand how quickly change is occurring: “Crypto will do in 30 months what it took equities 30 years.” This new asset class’ evolution and market cycles are lightning-quick compared to other securities.